Sunday, June 19, 2005

Bella's Monthly Quotes (2)

For those of you who followed my previous blog, you'll recognize this as my monthly update on the ridiculous exchanges I've partaken in over the past month (I've taken the liberty of separating them into neat little sections this time):


WOST PICK-UP LINES OF THE MONTH and OTHER FLIRTATIONS:

"You're not a princess! You're a Queen" - some weird guy at Legacy (NY)

"T-I-G-E-R Tiger! Rarrrrr!... Cat eyes" - some weird guy at the Georgetown Waterfront - who was actually serious!

"If you didn't come up here tonight, I was going to start knocking on doors on the 2nd floor asking for sugar."

"You have a boyfriend? Sorry you have that problem. Let me know if there is anything I can do to fix that for you" - at the Georgetown Waterfront



STATEMENTS MADE BY MEMBERS OF JENN'S FAMILY AT HER GRADUATION PARTY

"Dance with him! He likes big-breasted women" - eloquently put by Jenn's dad

"When you dance, it's like, You are shaking everything." - another of Karim's insights

"Cyn, I think Nan's more Arabic than us" - Christina commenting on my belly-dancing



RANDOM INSIGHTS

(on Coldstone Creamery)
"Nan, seriously, it's so good, I want to lay down and roll around in it," - Em
"I want to wash my hair with it." - N

(on driving)
"This guy's riding my @ss like he's getting paid for it" - Em, with another of her well-put driving observations

(on pedestrians)
"What are they crossing the border?" -Anonymous

(on the row of 6 beauty marks I have trailing from my face to down my shirt)
"Oh, I see where this is going." - N

(on affectionate behavior resulting from alcohol consumption)
"She's not drunk, she's amorous" - a stranger at the Wine Festival

(on shoes)
"Right now my pinky toe and my big toe feel like they are being held for questioning... 'I swear I don't know anything'" - me to Em on our hunt for the perfect shoes (see "Footing the Bill")

(on dinner)
"Em, dont be 45 minutes late this time, otherwise I really will eat my shoes and then we'll be running around 3 malls this weekend looking for new ones."
"Don't you eat during the day?"
"No. I'm trying to save up for the mall(s)."

(on inside jokes)
"I love the Alien"

"That's why I make the big bucks!" - :/


BEST ADVICE

"Nan, seriously, you really need to learn to draw the line"
"Yes, I clearly need lessons!" - an exchange between Jenn and I after a night that has been banished from my memory
(The follow-up statement a few days later: "Isn’t it sad that after everything that happened this weekend, I’m most inclined to write about my shoes?!")

"Be careful. I can't tell you to be good, but I can tell you to be careful" - My grandma (Ma) before I got off the phone with her to go upstairs to Nick's


CNTRL+Click!

No comments: